Tuesday 15 September 2009

Cucumbers

I just visited the blog I mentioned a while back again. It's called Mr Brown Thumb and is written by someone gardening in Chicago. And there I found this. A cucumber you can grow in containers without it sprawling all over your balcony. Sounds ideal for us! I've never heard of lemon cucumbers before and the fruits look pretty odd but I'm definitely going to keep a look out for seeds to try next year.

This afternoon we're going to the garden centre to get a larger pot for the indoor passionfruit vines. They need something big, preferably with a trellis so I don't have to put screws in the walls.

Our pepper plants are flowering, but they won't have time to produce fruit, if they even get pollinated. I might try bringing one inside and pollinating it myself though, just for interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment